Payment Issue - FAQs
Why does PayPal keep rejecting my credit/debit card?
If your credit/debit card is being rejected by PayPal with the message "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number." it might be due to one of the following reasons:
- ◇ Your card is associated with a specific PayPal account, and you're not logging in with that particular account.
- ◇ Your card was associated with a PayPal account that has since been closed.
- ◇ You've linked the card to a PayPal account, but have not yet confirmed it.You've exceeded your card limit with the PayPal system.
- ◇ Your email address is raising a red flag in PayPal's system.
- ◇ Your browser is not accepting cookies.
- ◇ You should clear any existing cookies and try aga.
Why did I get Error Code 10486 by Paypal Payment?
When a buyer's funding source fails, the
DoExpressCheckoutPaymentcall returns a 10486 error. If this error occurs, the buyer can return to PayPal where the buyer can add or choose an alternate funding source.
A funding source might fail for these reasons:
- ◇ The billing address associated with the financial instrument could not be confirmed.
- ◇ The transaction exceeds the card limit.
- ◇ The transaction was denied by the card issuer.